Final Artefact

After much challenges, I have finally completed building the AR application on Unity. Not only Vuforia and Unity, I also had to install Android Studio, JDK and JRE for app building. Once the APK is built and saved in my laptop, I connected the Samsung S6 Edge Plus with my laptop and imported the APK into the phone. Next, I installed the APK in the phone.


This is how the icon of the application looks like. It's the logo of Jo Malone that can be found on their packaging as well.


This is the homepage of my app. User can be seen holding the device and the bottle of cologne that will be scanned.


This is the instruction page of the app.


The user is shown scanning the image target with the application and the 3D models of lime basil and mandarins showed on screen.

The application did achieve the most basic expectation I had in mind, although it is not very fancy or full of content, I had at least learnt how to build an AR app and gained more technical knowledge. One thing regrettable is that I couldn't find any ways to fix the glitching of the camera on the phone. It was fine when I tested on my laptop but glitching happened when I used the mobile phone. Despite adjusting the AR camera in Unity, tweaking settings here and there I still couldn't get rid of the glitches. Fortunately the bottle can still be scanned and the 3D models still showed up without any problems. Overall I'd say this was a safe yet challenging process to me, I am still glad that I managed to learn and achieve something I have never learnt before in any of the previous semesters. I will try to make good use of the knowledge obtained here and apply them onto my future projects.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progress

Week 5: Refining Proposal