Progress

Here's a confession: this is a very very very late update and I'm updating everything at once. Further information in probably my last blog post. But first I'll carry on with the progress.

After sketching and planning, I moved onto designing the UI of the app. I couldn't do much due to the time constraint but I still tried my best to do as much as I could. 

I first started off designing with an iPhone XR's viewport because I own an XR, right? Its the towards the last few days I realised that I couldn't use Xcode on my laptop that runs on Windows. Which means I can't download the app with my own phone. Which means I need an Android phone. Which again means I need to change the viewport, which I did. The design remained pretty much the same but just in different size. 

Regarding the design, I chose this pale yellow because again this is for the brand, Jo Malone. This yellow is used on the labels, packaging as well as their websites. So I decided to stick to the same colour as well as using black for the fonts.


Moving on to the 3d assets, again, due to time constraint I only managed to complete the 3d assets for one cologne flavour, which is Lime Basil and Mandarin. As of why I chose this is because I knew I wouldn't have time to do anything too complicated such as wild bluebell flower; secondly, I had to choose something I already own so I can save time on making image target.

It's really not a surprise that I'm terrible at cinema 4d and I was beyond dejected knowing I had to deal with it. But still, I tried my best to come up with these assets with my limited skills. I did follow the tutorials but there is a limit to it because they are not doing fruits like how I needed to. So in a way or another I still had to figure out how to model the fruits and use all the skills I learnt to come up with the asset. I tried.

Remembering Louise telling me to scale down the project, I tried to go for a simpler style, not too realistic but just enough to tell the fruits apart... I guess.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5: Refining Proposal

Final Artefact