Week 5: Refining Proposal

After the consultation on week 4, I had to refine my proposal alongside the learning plan and project management chart which is due next week.

Louise showed us examples of how to write project background, purpose and all that jazz after week 4's consultations. They were pretty helpful so I actually managed to refine and write them accordingly. I also had to plan out my user flow, a sketch of what is going to happen when the users engage with the AR app. Louise also showed me another case study on AR by Shazam and the gin brand, Bombay Sapphire. (Not gonna lie I felt so weird seeing the gin on screen because we have one laying at home for YEARS)




To summaries, users can scan the complimentary little tag that comes with the bottle, then they will see animation of flowers coming out of the label, also users will have access to the videos of different cocktail recipes utilizing this gorgeous looking liquor while different genres of music will play according to the different recipes. (Always thought it looked like F&N's ice cream soda but classier.) This is a very impressive project because I think it generally is very close to what I had in mind for my project.

Another impressive project is by Starbucks in Shanghai. It introduced this AR technology where it is informative and rewarding for the customers. Customers will download the application then scan the designated objects in store to see the animated process and information on how to make coffee. While they are exploring with the app, they can obtain virtual rewards which once fully collected, they can allow customers to receive a custom filter to be shared on social media. I thought this was a very interesting idea, not only it allows users to engage, it is also informative and also rewards the customers after completing the process, this can also indirectly help them promote on social media.

Other than case studies, I also need to organize my personas and content planning then finalize my project management chart AS WELL AS updating this blog for submission on week 6.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progress

Final Artefact