Progress 2.0: Unity

Once I was done with the UI and 3D asset, I moved on to setting up the app using Unity and Vuforia. It's my first time using Unity, I had to learn and understand everything from scratch, which was really, really, challenging.


First page of the app, which is the homepage. 



This is the instruction page.


You can't really see it clearly but this is the image target and 3d asset. 

    
And here is the game testing using the laptop camera.

At first I faced a lot of problems with the asset and image target because their positions always came off weird and off when I tested with the camera. It's only later I realised I had to put the asset as a child of the target, then it worked. Position, sizing and all that jazz. It's all because I didn't put the asset in the right place. 

I had to learn about setting up the canvas and making the UI from my classmate Xiao Tung who is also doing AR app. I really couldn't find anything or rather I didn't know HOW to find, using what keywords to learn about doing the app using Unity. She taught me to set up the canvas in the scenes and import the PNG images. She really saved my life with her ways.

After testing and fixing some major bugs, I finally built the app, saved it, imported the app into the phone and tested again. The first time I tried, the placement of the asset was really weird. So once again I fixed it in Unity, where I placed the asset under the image target as a child. Then imported the app again. This time the targeting and placement is finally working. The only remaining problem is just the AR camera looking a little weird. I'll try tweaking the position of the camera again and by then it should be fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progress

Week 5: Refining Proposal

Final Artefact