Reflection, Realisation and Problems

First off, this project itself is a very new experience to me because I had no experience with AR app making; Unity or Vuforia; I am bad at 3D modelling. But still I had to push through this with all my might. I genuinely think I could have done better in terms of UI design and 3D modelling. The aesthetic is just not there and it's really a shame. 

I'm constantly in a fight with myself, sometimes thinking that the fact that I tried my best is already good enough. But then again I'm very ashamed that I couldn't do better. The lack of time was a problem but if I were to be honest, it was more on me and my own issues.

On a personal level, not only that my skills are not good enough, I'm also distressed by how my emotional and mental state heavily affected my performance. This semester is possibly the worst one I have experienced. I was feeling utterly demotivated for almost the entire semester and it got even worse as the deadline approached. To be honest, I did not have enough time for the alpha and beta testing due to not only my lack of skills but also my personal problems that slowed down my progress.

I'm distressed at the lack of submission materials but at the same time I'd like to declare that I've really tried my best to push through this despite my crippling mental state which at a point also affected me physically. But then again, this shouldn't be an excuse, and I am aware that I should take responsibility for whatever is to come after this.

Regardless, this was a very tough and memorable experience for me. I did learn and realise a lot of things, be it technically or personally and I genuinely hope whatever happened here - good or bad, will help me in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progress

Week 5: Refining Proposal

Final Artefact